Ansøgningsfrist: 10-02-2019 -
Unfortunately, we required applicants to be fluent in Finnish. This was a mistake and has now been corrected. Please apply.
At NCC, we are audacious enough to believe we can actually make the world a better place. Working at NCC therefore requires creative thinking, a collaborative approach and the ability to manage a wide range of challenges. We love to watch people grow and believe this is best achieved in a friendly and supportive environment. Join us if you want to be part of something great – to improve the daily lives of current and future generations.
Are you passionate about press and communication work, and about making sustainability profitable? Then this is the role for you.
The Media Relations and Social Media Relations Manager is responsible for media matters both regionally and nationally, as well as social media in Denmark. You will be a key player in NCC’s communication team.
Main areas of responsibility:
- The first point of contact and coordinator of media relations in Denmark (including incoming inquires). High availability for journalists and a natural presence in social media is important for mediating the correct perception of NCC and our business. Tight collaboration with Business Area Communication Managers is crucial for success.
- Together with communication responsible in NCC’s Business Areas representatives take responsibility for incoming questions through different channels.
- Spokesperson, and providing support for NCC’s spokespersons.
- Responsible for, in close co-operation with business area representatives, driving press issues (proactively and reactively). Responsible for coordination and final decision of press releases.
- Responsible for driving the development of a press/PR strategy and plan at country level based on NCC’s Communication strategy.
- Lead crisis communication at country level, in close co-operation with business areas representatives, in line with Group policies and guidelines and, when adequate, co-ordinate with the Head of Corporate Media Relations.
- Responsible for Country common Social Media and Digital (i.e. Group common parts of ncc.dk) aligned with Group policies and guidelines.
- NCC related issues in the media and social media.
You will report to the Head of Group Communication, and functionally to Head of Corporate Media Relations, at NCC Group’s Head Office in Solna, Sweden.
Personal characteristics and expectations
You must be an exceptional communicator – thorough, correct, clear and easy to follow. You are proactive, energetic, enthusiastic and eager to learn and explore.
The job is hands-on, and you must be able to switch between an operational and strategic mindset. The role requires a high work capacity, fast action and the ability to take ownership over issues and results.
NCC’s values – trust, respect, honesty and a pioneering spirit – are part of the company’s DNA. You are a true role model, trustworthy and dependable, and totally committed to NCC’s ethical principles and values. NCC has a decentralized organization and the right person will be a true team player who can drive collaboration and build value-based relationships at all levels of the company. Readiness to travel approximately 1-2 days/month.
Required and desired experience and qualifications
- Minimum 5-8 years of relevant experience in a senior communication position, incl. at least 3 years in media relations.
- The ideal candidate has extensive knowledge about the society at large, politics, public affairs, as well as deep understanding about decision making in the public sector at national, regional and local level. Proven experience from building and maintaining good relations with public decision makers is meritorious.
- Experience in reporting to senior management in an international matrix organization.
- Adequate Appropriate experience and knowledge of crisis communication.
- Previous experience as a journalist and/or media consultant is desirable.
- Social media experience.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
Ready for a great job? Apply now
- Please send your CV and application with your salary request as soon as possible using the link below. Interviews will be conducted already during application process and appointment may be done before the closing date on January 20 2019.
For more information, please contact Fredrik Sköld, Head of Group Communication, +46 705394299 firstname.lastname@example.org